KruEng2014
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KruEng2014

Forum for English Major students, Education Faculty, Mahasarakham University, Thailand

บ้านบ้าน  Latest imagesLatest images  ค้นหาค้นหา  สมัครสมาชิก(Register)สมัครสมาชิก(Register)  เข้าสู่ระบบ(Log in)  

Teaching by using songs

Go down 
4 posters
ผู้ตั้งข้อความ
Areeya039
ผู้อำนวยการ
ผู้อำนวยการ
Areeya039

จำนวนข้อความ : 217

Teaching by using songs Empty
ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Teaching by using songs    Teaching by using songs EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 7:02 pm

- Do you feel like singing?
- It's time for song.
- How about (singing) a song?
- Shall we listen to a song?
- What shall we sing today/ next/ first?
- What is your favorite song, Peter ?
- Now I have a new/ pop song for you.

Areeya 039 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Nattinin014
รองผู้อำนวยการ
รองผู้อำนวยการ
Nattinin014

จำนวนข้อความ : 188

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: Teaching by using songs    Teaching by using songs EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Tips for Using Music Effectively
- When teaching students a song, it is a good idea to introduce an instrumental version first (If an instrumental version is not available, play the song softly in the background while they are working on something or hum the melody before introducing the lyrics). If students become familiar with the sound of the music first, they will be more likely to understand the words.

- Make a vocabulary list ahead of time. Go over the words once before you introduce the song.

- Expose students to a certain song many days in a row. Within a few days, students will not be able to get the song out of their head!

- Choose interactive songs whenever possible. Adding actions enhances language acquisition and memory.

- Have soft or upbeat music playing before class to encourage a positive atmosphere. Turning the music off is a great way to signal to a large class that it is time to begin.

Nattinin 014 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Sakolsupa035
รองผู้อำนวยการ
รองผู้อำนวยการ
Sakolsupa035

จำนวนข้อความ : 182

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: Teaching by using songs    Teaching by using songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:07 pm

First, I will sing and do the action along.
Then I will teach you line by line.
And the last, I will open the song and we have to sing and dance along the song.

Sakolsupa 035 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Kavintra045
ครูชำนาญการ
ครูชำนาญการ
Kavintra045

จำนวนข้อความ : 111

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: Teaching by using songs    Teaching by using songs EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 2:05 pm

There are a variety of different ways to use music in the classroom. Some teachers prefer to use background music and others use music lyrics as the basis of a lesson. Music can be used to:

introduce a new theme or topic (Christmas/colours/feelings)

change the mood (liven things up or calm things down)

teach and build vocabulary and idioms

review material (background music improves memory)

teach pronunciation and intonation

teach songs and rhymes about difficult grammar and spelling rules that need to be memorized ("i before e", irregular verbs, phrasal verbs)

teach reading comprehension

inspire a class discussion

teach listening for details and gist

Kavintra 045 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Teaching by using songs
ขึ้นไปข้างบน 
หน้า 1 จาก 1